Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms. You most likely have an account if you’re reading this! (We do, and you can follow us on Twitter for daily updates!)
When you’re on Instagram, it’s easy to be lured into mindless scrolling, especially if you follow a lot of accounts that publish photographs and videos of adorable animals.
But take a break from skimming through those adorable puppy pics and check out these wild 30 Instagram facts — you might be surprised!
- On October 6, 2010, Instagram was founded and got 25,000 users on its first day.
- Instagram was originally known as Codename, but before its launch, the name was changed to Instagram.
- Instagram is a combination of the words “instant camera” and “telegram.”
- On July 16, 2010, the co-founder, @kevin, posted the first photo. A dog is depicted in the photograph.
- According to a recent survey, 8% of all Instagram accounts are false.
- Pizza is the most Instagrammed cuisine, coming in first place ahead of sushi and steak.
- Posts with at least one hashtag are predicted to receive 12.6 percent greater engagement.
- Facebook purchased Instagram for $1 billion dollars in 2012. There were just 30 million users on the platform when it was purchased.
- Selena Gomez has 138 million Instagram followers, making her the most followed person in the world.
- Instagram has at least one million advertisers.
- The United States, Russia, Turkey, Brazil, and the United Kingdom are the top five countries that use Instagram, in order of popularity.
- The heart emoji is the most popular on Instagram.
- Gingham, Clarendon, and Juno are the top three most popular filters.
- Every month, nearly 16 million people search for “Instagram” on Google.
- National Geographic, Nike, Victoria’s Secret, 9GAG, and Nike Football are the top five most popular Instagram brands, in order of popularity.
- More than half of the top Instagram firms use the same filter for all of their posts.
- As of 2018, approximately 45 billion photographs had been shared on this network.
- Selfies are, unsurprisingly, one of the most popular Instagram photos. On Instagram, there are over 290 million selfies.
- Instagram is the second most popular social media platform, trailing only Facebook. More than 60% of its visitors visit the site on a daily basis.
- love, #instagood, #me, #cute, and #follow are the most popular hashtags.
- Instagram is used by 96 percent of the leading fashion firms in the United States.
- Instagram is used by 32% of all internet users in the United States, although over 75% of Instagram users are situated outside of the country.
- On any given day, 80 million photographs are shared on Instagram, with 3.5 billion likes.
- On a daily basis, one hundred million accounts upload a Story.
- Instagram users are mostly between the ages of 18 and 29.
- Instagram was the most popular platform for cyberbullying in 2017.
- Kylie Jenner’s photo of her newborn daughter has over 17.9 million likes, making it the most liked photo on Instagram.
- Personal accounts account for 80% of all Instagram profiles; the average user has 648 followers and follows 359 accounts.
- The most Instagrammed city in 2017 was New York City. Disneyland in Anaheim, California, was, nonetheless, the most Instagrammed site.
- In the first 24 hours after Instagram released its video feature in 2013, 5 million videos were uploaded.
Follow Crispbot on Facebook and Twitter. For the latest news, tech news, breaking news headlines, and live updates checkout crispbot.com